In this show, sponsored by Eloqua (with a great content offer of the Real World Marketing Syllabus by Aberdeen. Download it with this link or the button in the show), Paul Dunay, VP of Global Marketing at Maxymizer, shares five ways B2B Marketers need to start acting more like B2C Marketers (click link for Paul’s article at BtoOnline.com) in this interview with Jeff Ogden of Find New Customers. Here are the five things in B2B marketing that needs to emulate B2C Marketing.
- B2B website design is outdated. Needs to be designed for people, and not companies – and simplified. (Paul makes a great point. When Find New Customers slashed the number of words on the home page from 550 down to just 28 – focused on simplicity, registered downloads shot up by 500%! Need more proof than that?)
- Start testing, seriously. Marketing needs a serious focus on testing
- Treat your content like a category. Get rid of the Resources tab and re-organize your content in approaches for people.
- Employ deeper search and sort capabilities.
- Allow product reviews. Welcome interaction with people. Let them share comments, like Amazon reviews.
We thank Paul for appearing on the show. You can follow him at @pauldunay on Twitter. And we also thank our other sponsors – Avitage (Great video content marketing firm), Communication Strategy Group (Brandtelling), Digital Ethos (non-profit marketing education) and Watchitoo (streaming media conferencing and the show platform.)
Want to contact the host of the show? Send an email to host at MarketingMadeSimple.tv