Here’s an encore from one of the best shows of 2013 – presentation expert Nancy Duarte
How do the world’s greatest speakers, such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and John F. Kennedy, deliver some of the world’s greatest speeches? Nancy knows and she shares key insights with you in this show. This is truly “must-watch” TV!
In this “Best of Marketing Made Simple TV” show, Nancy Duarte, a popular TED speaker and CEO of Duarte, a Silicon Valley company that crafts presentations for leaders of the world’s greatest brands joins show host Jeff Ogden in a fun and engaging show. In this show, she shares insights on how the very best speakers deliver such riveting talks.
If you want a great book that takes full advantage of the capabilities of the iPad you got for Christmas, check out the multi-touch book Resonate by Nancy Duarte. It’s free for you to read in iBooks (by downloading it from iTunes.)
Here’s info on the book:
Like having a portable story writing workshop in your hands
It’s Digital, It’s Fantastic. It’s Free!
Resonate Multi-Touch Book is like having a portable story writing workshop in your hands as you prepare your next presentation. You’ll learn a new presentation development methodology informed by cinema, literature, and the greatest speeches of all time.
Learning these transformative principles in an immersive environment significantly helps your retention of how to:
- Create your content in a story form
- Understand the business case for story
- Understand the Hero’s Journey — and apply it to your audience’s journey
- Address an audience’s risk, resistance, and reward
- Practice rapid brainstorming to generate content
- Create out-of-the-box concepts and perspectives
- Embed contrast to create interest through tension and release
- Construct clear turning points
- Establish audience empathy
In this show, you’ll learn 3 things:
- How great communicators use a special technique to engage their audience.
- Why the audience and not the speaker are most important.
- Why learning to communicate well improves results in business and life
Marketing Made Simple TV is a production of the really nice company Find New Customers, which offers great B2B lead generation services, and is produced and directed by Craig Yaris of SocialRibbit. Editor of the show is Kevin Ogden and it is supported by the sponsors featured on the screen. Please check them out.
We also invite you to follow Jeff Ogden, host of the show, on Twitter at @fearlesscomp or send an email to host at marketingmadesimple.tv. And this show on great presentations is timely, as Jeff enters 2014 as a professional keynote speaker.
Marketing Made Simple TV premieres a new show every Thursday at noon ET/9am PT at this show site and all of our syndication sites, including Fearless Competitor dot com, Social Media Today, Business2Community, Social Media Club, CustomerThink, YouTube and Vimeo – reaching a global audience of over 2.5 million people!